[jsr-314-open] Our good friend strikes again:

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Fri Dec 11 13:09:26 EST 2009

I got as far as: "JSF 2.0, which does address some – yet by n means all
– of my biggest issues with JSF is totally out of the question, since it
requires JEE6 and the specification has not been finalized until very
recently." and pretty much gave up.  I had to wonder how hard it would
have been to find out that you can use JSF 2 with Java EE 5.  I have to
say I admire Dan's persistence in taking the other points he makes
seriously, I'll have to review the doc over my vacation to extract
points from it.  One obvious point is that we don't state clearly on our
website that JSF 2.0 only requires Servlet 2.5 and JSTL 1.2.  I'll take
that AI.

His email is karl.banke at iternum.com

Anyone want to volunteer to contact him, to correct the factual errors
(including the fact that he could probably could have avoided using a 3
1/2 year old spec in favor of a recent one), and tell him we're
examining his comments for concrete solutions (or better, turn him to
suggesting concrete solutions, with APIs?)

Jim