[jsr-314-open] [community] Our good friend strikes again:

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Fri Dec 11 13:15:01 EST 2009

On 12/10/09 11:30 PM, Ken Paulsen wrote:
> * He doesn't like the standard components (i.e. panelGrid) -- Show of
> hands, who does? ;) Perhaps we're not stating loudly enough that our
> "standard" components are more like "example components". I think w/ JSF
> 2's ease-of-component-creation, this is even less important... but even
> in 1.2 and earlier, we really don't expect the standard components to be
> production-components do we?? Apparently he does.

Um, well, I did too.

At least some of them (panelGroup, link, commandButton) are certainly
components you should be able to use.  But I never much cared for
panelGrid either - table layout is so 1999.  I'd like to add a warning
message for the PDL of panelGrid that css should be used for layout -
I'll file a spec RFE on it.

Other than panelGrid and dataTable, I don't know of any components in
the standard group that I'd discourage folks from using.  Ken, what
components did you have in mind as being not ready for production?

Jim