[jsr-314-open] Another big article

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:23:49 EST 2009

Actually, I forgot to mention that findComponent brings up a point we were
discussing about possibility introducing an XPath or jQuery-like syntax for
finding components that is less laborious.

And the "view actions" is definitely still an outstanding point, to add to
your list.

-Dan

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Simon Lessard <Simon_Lessard at dmr.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The only valid points remaining seem to be the no state --> style support,
> as well as conditional validations and find component support.
>
> For the state styling he even point out at how easy it would be to
> implement #{component} for conditional styleClass. Of course, #{component}
> was already public when the article was written but I guess he didn't read
> that part of the specification. Also, that could be adressed with a skinning
> engine
>
> For the conditional validation, I kind of agree however, but I have yet to
> think of a really nice way to standaize that.
>
> Finally, for the findComponent, I think invokeOnComponent adresses this
> decently well.
>

> Regards,
>
> ~ Simon

> FYI, I just saw a tweet about another (not positive) article:
> http://bit.ly/50sA4f. I haven't finished reading it yet, but we should
> definitely review it and provide a good response.
> ---
> Kito D. Mann | twitter: kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
> Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com <http://www.virtua.com/>  | JSF/Java
> EE training and consulting
> http://www.JSFCentral.com <http://www.jsfcentral.com/>  - JavaServer Faces
> FAQ, news, and info | twitter: jsfcentral
> +1 203-404-4848 x3
>
> Sign up for the JSFCentral newsletter: http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17

Registered Linux User #231597