[jsr-314-open] Another big article

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:27:28 EST 2009

> Yeah, sometimes I wonder where these people are coming from. I think our
> new initiatives will really clarify things. For example, the reason we got
> this link was because someone mentioned us in their tweet. Our engagement is
> certainly more visible.

No one can argue the fact that right now we have reached a remarkable level
of transparency (and we still have ideas in the works, if you can imagine an
even better situation). But remember, it is going to take a while to trickle
down into the community and get the message out. People are still working
off knowledge from 2 - 3 years ago. That is where people are coming from.
And that is the reality. So no one is saying that we are deaf today, but
rather that people are still talking to us like we are deaf (because back in
the old days, that's how it was).

Registered Linux User #231597