[jsr-314-open] [JSF 2.1 NEW] composite component namespace simplification

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:51:52 EST 2009

> Sure. Any custom component library could standardize on a URN rather than a
> full-blown URI. Whether it be us in the future or just a convention by
> users.

Heck, while we are here, why don't we just do:

xmlns:f="jsf:core"
xmlns:h="jsf:html"
xmlns:ui="jsf:ui"

I'm trying to think if there are problems with doing that, but we can
associate the schema with these shorter names. The real benefit of using a
full-blown URI is that you can avoid conflicts w/ other namespace providers.
But since we are JSF (there can be only one JSF, evil laugh) then why not?

Registered Linux User #231597