[jsr-314-open] [admin] JSF 2.1 branch

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Sat Dec 12 03:07:56 EST 2009

On 12/11/09 10:29 PM, Dan Allen wrote:
> Okay. We'll just roll with an SVN branch then. I'll sure will be excited
> if/when we do move to a distribution version control system. Once you go
> there, you can never go back ;)

If only that were true.  In the early days of Java, we all used a
distributed VCS called TeamWare.  Sadly, it only really worked on
Solaris (with a buggy Windows port), and used NFS for it's transport,
which made it unsuitable for internet use.  Moving to CVS was a bit of a
step up, but we sure did miss the branching.  I agree, it'll be nice to
get it back.

Jim