[jsr-314-open] FacesServlet declaration in Java EE 6

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 14:18:39 EST 2009

I'd like to resurrect this thread, since we got +1 votes from just about
everyone who replies on a a regular basis.

> "If the JSF container is used in a Servlet 3 (or newer) environment, it
> should register an implementation of ServletContainerInitializer (using
> Service Providers from the JAR file specification). The
> ServletContainerInitializer should register the FacesServlet, with a name of
> Faces Servlet, if an existing servlet is not yet registered with this name.
> Furthermore, a suffix mapping of *.jsf and a prefix mapping of /faces/*
> should be added."

Is this something that can be added to the Accepted Changes for the JSF MR
(and is it possible to require this behavior from the JSF spec, or must it
be in the platform spec)?

Registered Linux User #231597