[jsr-314-open] [jsf2.next] WITHDRAWN Proposal to support newsemantic HTML5 tags

Simon Lessard Simon_Lessard at dmr.ca
Mon Dec 14 13:28:49 EST 2009

Hi,

Or we can simply make the renderer aware of the agent and its version .

Those new tags exist to better describe a document and could very well have a meaning in various render kit for their semantic value even if not yet in HTML.

Or we could have the default render kit display them as div/span with or withotu default style class, leaving the opportunity to a third party to develop an HTML 5 render kit and/or also provide a HTML 5 render kit out-of-the-box as well as the default one. Briefly, I don't think the withdrawal is justified.

Regards,

~ Simon