[jsr-314-open] [jsf2.next] WITHDRAWN Proposal to support newsemantic HTML5 tags

Simon Lessard Simon_Lessard at dmr.ca
Mon Dec 14 13:46:05 EST 2009

Well, 2 reasons:

1. It's along the line of Dan suggestion about Facelet and not pushing direct html to the output, a different render kit might have to intercept the ResponseWriter to tranform some of those new tags to something else. New tags allow just that, giving the opportunity to encode the view in just about anything. Maybe a PADF render kit using iText (althoguh that one could deal with the HTML), or renderer generating TeX, that in turn gets turned to PDF using some of the available engines in the endDocument call.

Regards,

~ Simon