[jsr-314-open] [jsf2.next] Proposal to support new semanticHTML5tags

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 12:07:30 EST 2009

Agreed, Jim.

Lincoln Baxter III
http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
Keep it simple.

On Dec 15, 2009 11:44 AM, "Jim Driscoll" <Jim.Driscoll at sun.com> wrote:

On 12/14/09 10:49 AM, Simon Lessard wrote: > > But is not so good in a non
HTML render kit.
I always interpreted the HTML render tags in the "h" library as being
explicitly for HTML.  Am I wrong?  I know that a gentle nod was made toward
making those tags more generally applicable, but it hasn't worked out that
way in practice.

Making them sub-optimal for any other purpose, to support a use case that
will be used by less than 2% of users, is something that I will vigorously
oppose.

Jim