[jsr-314-open] [jsf2.next] <h:head> vs. <head>

Imre Osswald ioss at mx.jevelopers.com
Tue Dec 15 18:41:19 EST 2009

If you automatically add a head you would have to add some generic or
implicit title too, so I think the head and title should be added by
the template author always.
(Also while I haven't used DreamWeaver for years now, the last time I
used it, while it was forgiving on custom-tags, it constantly added
html,head,title and body to make it a HTML-Page)

to have <head> and <body> be translated to h:head and h:body you just
have to provide a Facelet TagDecorator (about 15-25 loc) (for now it
can be added in web.xml) that will replace these two tags at template
compilation time, so the performance hit should be minimal.
So the question is, should that TagDecorator be part of an
implementation (or in case it is part of an implementation, should it
be part of the compiler, as then there is no need to have it in a
Decorator)

Imre