[jsr-314-open] first post on jsr-314-public

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 22:25:57 EST 2009

We have our first post on jsr-314-public by a community member (okay, so he
is an EG member on JSR-299, but it still counts).

http://wiki.jcp.org/boards/index.php?t=3049

Not to give you guys more work, but occasionally we need to monitor this
forum and decide if we want to "pick up" and issue and bring it into design.
Here's how I think the process will go:

1. Get clarification from community about the issue (if necessary).
2. Post that we have taken this up as an issue for design in the EG (they
can follow as an observer, unless of course they have post access)

Naturally with two places to discuss, there is the risk of creating parallel
threads. Just remember that the public forums are there for two reasons:

1. To allow the public to notify us of a deficiency in the spec or a feature
request
2. To allow community members to discuss amongst themselves

It's a public forum. So they should do most of the talking and we do most of
the listening ;)

If you have other ideas about how it should go, please share it. I'm just
laying out my perspective here.

Registered Linux User #231597