[jsr-314-open] [jsf2.next] Proposal tosupport newsemantic HTML5tags

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 01:05:47 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Simon Lessard <Simon_Lessard at dmr.ca>wrote:

>  Well, I did need them in every single project I worked on in the past 4
> years and web designers do use them. Anyway, I guess I'm in minority here so
> I'll drop the issue and we'll just create our own taglib internally and for
> us and our customers and not the use (or rather continue not using) the h:
> namespace.

I don't think it's such a bad idea for a component library (I welcome it to
be open source) to implement every HTML tag. Then, users have an option to
use it, and that's great! I wouldn't want it in the standard HTML tag
library because it is too easily perceived as being a burden and requirement
(we would really catch flack for it then). But there is no reason to hide it
internally. Using a component library certainly doesn't mean you think JSF
is deficient. Really that's the whole idea (I'm probably speaking to the
choir here).

Registered Linux User #231597