[jsr-314-open] JSF 2.1 ajax spec enhancements

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:41:50 EST 2009

Ganesh,

These are great suggestions. If I recall correctly, the RichFaces team has
been lobbying for several of these features as well, so many of us are on
the same page. I'm sure post holiday you should expect to get some good

> If there are no objections I will open spec enhancement requests
> for JSF 2.1 on the 4 parameters and 2 functional clarifications
> described hereafter.

Thanks for offering to take action on these.

One small comment to keep in mind. We should select attribute names very
carefully so that it's obvious to a beginning developer what functionality
it is enabling. We want to make sure JSF 2 is as approachable as possible.
While RichFaces 3.x has been very successful, I think one of its
shortcomings is that the attribute names are sometimes difficult to
understand. (Even those guys are working on better attribute names, based on
feedback from the community).

Registered Linux User #231597