[jsr-314-open] view actions prototype for your review

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 2 04:28:06 EDT 2009

Please excuse the fact that this message is not directly spec related atm,
but I wanted to share with you a usage of SystemEvents and the metadata
facet.

I have implemented the view action proposal that we had implemented around
the time we introduced view parameters. I did so using a PreRenderViewEvent
listener and a custom component, <s:viewAction>, which is defined in the
<f:metadata> facet. I'm hoping that this combination with make it into JSF
2.1 (or even the MR if that is possible).

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/PrototypeOfPageActionsAvailableInSeam3

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/modules/trunk/faces/src/main/java/org/jboss/seam/faces/lifecycle/ExecuteViewActionsListener.java

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.