[jsr-314-open] JavaServer Faces Wiki Book

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 01:04:02 EDT 2009

I've taken the liberty to create a Wiki Book for the JavaServer Faces
specification on the new jcp.org site. A wiki book is no more than an
organized collection of wiki pages...a distinct root so to speak.

http://wiki.jcp.org/wiki/index.php?structure_id=6

I began working on porting Red Hat's proposal list to the wiki, which is
currently hosted at http://seamframework.org/Documentation/JSF2 So far I can
tell you that editing pages is **really** annoying. First of all, the TWiki
syntax is nothing short of madding. I strongly recommend you disable it,
because it's utter crap, and just use plain HTML (which has worked so well
for so many years). I also found no way to disable the equally madding
FCKEditor other than disabling JavaScript on my browser. Once I had a
regular text area where I could type regular HTML, I was finally able to get
something done. However, I am still extremely annoyed by the auto-linking of
WikiWords. I cannot express how much I despise auto-linking. It makes the
source look very ugly because you contantly have to put ~np~ symbols around
words like UICommandLink (e.g., ~np~UICommandLink~/np~).

The idea of a wiki for the EG makes me very excited, but I can't say that I
am 100% committed to porting our feature list over until I can get a bit
more comfortable with its editor.

I encourage you all to give it a try by contributing some information you
feel belongs on the wiki. Maybe I'm just being impatient at the moment. Or,
perhaps we can give the maintainers some feedback so they can make it easier
to use.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.