[jsr-314-open] [426-BeanValidation] Default Enablement Change

Pete Muir pmuir at REDHAT.COM
Sat Mar 7 06:53:59 EST 2009

Hi Ed,

I don't object per-se to this change, but it doesn't seem necessary to
me.

1) We don't control which validators are the default from faces-
config.xml (which @FacesValidator mirrors) but from Application, so
it's not like we are missing an XML counterpart in annotations
2) The use case I see for default validators is not one where which
validators are defaulted by the validator, but by the application
(e.g. application1 uses bean validation and so wants that as the
default, application2 doesn't, but does uses MyCustomDomainValidator)

--
Pete Muir
http://www.seamframework.org