[jsr-314-open] Behavior API overview

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at ORACLE.COM
Thu Mar 12 16:49:55 EDT 2009

Hey Kito -

Thanks again for looking at this.  So regarding the
BehaviorHolder/ClientBehaviorHolder, the reason why I moved this over to
ClientBehaviorHolder is because the two methods that actually deal with
Behaviors really do want ClientBehaviors, not just any Behaviors.  These
methods are:

    public void addClientBehavior(String eventName, ClientBehavior
behavior);

Note that this method is "event" specific - ie. it is implied that you
are attaching a behavior to a specific client-side event for the purpose
of providing a script for that event, so this really expects
ClientBehavior, not just any Behavior.

And:

    public Map<String, List<ClientBehavior>> getClientBehaviors();

This method returns the mappings between event names and
ClientBehaviors.  So again, this is very event/client-specific.  As
such, I prefer not go with ClientBehaviorHolder rather than parameterize
this type.

BTW - the current status on the refactoring, after discussing this with
Ed and Roger - I am planning to merge at 6PM EST.  So if anyone objects
to this last minute refactoring, please speak up.

Martin -

I would still like to hear confirmation from you that this addresses
your concerns.  I'll definitely sleep better knowing this. :-)

Andy