[jsr-314-open] So what's left for 2.0?

Martin Marinschek mmarinschek at APACHE.ORG
Thu Mar 12 18:15:05 EDT 2009

Hi Ed,

>> EB> We had a plan, but it never was fully prototyped and the prototype
>> EB> we did have was terribly de-stabilized by the lifecycle changes we
>> EB> made to accomodate Andy's your concerns regarding the
>> performance of
>> EB> metadata gathering.  Therefore, I'm sorry to say it but we'll have
>> EB> to push out State Saving enhancements to 2.1.

For me, this was the single most important issue we had in 2.0. Just
dropping this off the table is really not flying with me. I have told
all people who talked with me that with 2.0, they can forget about
memory issues; I have done the same on conferences as well.

Moreover, I really invested some real thinking into this, and I also
came up with at least the base for some further discussion (I am not
saying it was the actual implementation cause I did not really get
around to test it, but I do think it has some merits).

Is there anything at all I can do to still get this in? I don't need
the full solution implemented in all the RI components (we can do that
in the next release of Mojarra easily); your tree-walking, the
callback after the tree has been built, a seed for component-id
generation and an API in UIComponent - something like
getStateMap().put()/get() would be sufficient for me.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at