[jsr-314-open] Facelets: XHTML vs. XML

Alexandr Smirnov asmirnov at EXADEL.COM
Mon May 18 18:10:27 EDT 2009

Is even javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX necessary for Facelets pages ? It
comes historically from the Jsp world, there that was necessary to
separate JSF request and page rendering. Because Facelets does not
dispatch to pages at all, it would be even better to omit suffix changes
at all. In addition to simplified viewId processing it also resolves
page source code protection.