[jsr-314-open] data payload for ajax calls

David Geary clarity.training at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 23 13:46:04 EDT 2009

The onevent attribute of <f:ajax> can be used to specify a JS function to
monitor Ajax calls, which is all well and good. However, the data payload
(I'm not sure why we have to refer to it as a payload), seems strange
because:

1. data.type is always "event". What's the point of that?!?
2. data.name is really the status of the Ajax request. Using "name" for the
property seems meaningless. Name of what?
3. does it make sense to give the page author access to the actual
XMLHttpRequest object via the data payload? data.xhr, for example?

Thanks,

david