[jsr-314-open] "for" attribute for <f:ajax>

David Geary clarity.training at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 24 17:55:02 EDT 2009

For JSF 2, we added a "for" attribute to f:actionListener, f:converter,
etc., but we don't have a "for" attribute for <f:ajax>. AFAICT, that means
that although you can attach listeners, validators, converters, etc. to a
component contained in a composite component, you cannot attach Ajax
functionality.

Why is that? Is it an oversight, or is there some compelling technical
reason to disallow adding Ajax behavior to components contained in
composites?

Thanks,

david