[jsr-314-open] Amendment to section 2.2.1 Restore View

Martin Marinschek mmarinschek at apache.org
Tue Nov 3 04:04:19 EST 2009

Hi Dan,

> Create empty view root
> <event>*
> Build component tree
> <event>**
> Render component tree
> <event>**
> Save state

> ** Allows the application to modify the state of any component in the tree
> just before the tree state is written out. Does that seem useful?

I have never had a use-case for a callback after rendering and before
saving the state. Why would that be necessary - a concrete use-case?
If I create components dynamically, I make them transient, so they are
not save-stated anyways - so no need to modify the state of components
before save-stating.

regards,

Martin

--