[jsr-314-open] FacesServlet declaration in Java EE 6

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 18:01:36 EST 2009

On 4 Nov 2009, at 18:38, Dan Allen wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
> Our Servlet EG rep informed us in Servlet3 we can use http://www.ermalaev.spb.ru/javaee/6/docs/api/javax/servlet/ServletContainerInitializer.html
>  to do this.
>
> Are you saying this is how Mojarra could register the servlet? Just
> clarifying.

No, I was saying we could add a line to the JSF spec:

"If the JSF container is used in a Servlet 3 (or newer) environment,
it should register an implementation of ServletContainerInitializer
(using Service Providers from the JAR file specification). The
ServletContainerInitializer should register the FacesServlet, with a
name of Faces Servlet, if an existing servlet is not yet registered
with this name. Furthermore, a suffix mapping of *.jsf [and/or a
prefix mapping of /faces/*] should be added."