[jsr-314-open] JSF logo

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:15:55 EST 2009

JSF is nearly a decade old and still has no recognizable logo. While there
are plenty of logos floating around for the different implementations and
component libraries, there's no face for JSF itself. I've frequently come
across this gap when putting together presentations or websites that feature
JSF.

Thus, I pose the following two questions to the EG:

1. Do others agree that we should have a logo to represent JSF the
framework?
2. Do you think we should host a contest for people to submit a logo? The
alternative would be to get an EG member (JBoss, Oracle, Sun, an individual)
to submit a candidate.

Why a logo for JSF? JSF is unique in that it competes against other web
frameworks that are not part of the Java EE platform. We need someway to
represent the spec when standing JSF up against Wicket, Tapestry, Struts,
etc. We can't put the Mojarra or MyFaces logos in there because that's not
the true identity of JSF.

Plus, the logo will be central to our effort to put together a launch page
for JSF, which I'll mention in a later e-mail.

-Dan

p.s. Hopefully we start a trend of specs including logos, even the platform
itself, but that is a topic for another conversation.

Registered Linux User #231597