[jsr-314-open] JSF logo

Lincoln Baxter III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:13:01 EST 2009

Lets move forward with the logo contest.

JSF is great, and there are 100 different marketings reasons why you
should always establish a symbol for your brand or product - something
that people recognize instantly as yours (the google G, the microsoft
"window", Tony the Tiger..., Firefox, the ruby gem)

Perl and JSF have a lot in common...

      * multiple implementations
      * slightly tarnished reputation from past versions (not so
        slightly in perl's case)
      * no logo... the Camel book has become the de-facto symbol of
        Perl.
      * No real web-accessible community center (multiple forums &
        mailing lists)

What happened to perl? It's one of the best dynamic languages out there,
but it's practically dead for new development.

I'd like to avoid this fate with JSF2 if possible, and now is the
perfect time to do it. Right as we are releasing, rebranding.

---
Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com