[jsr-314-open] mailinglist: looking for immediate action

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 13 16:35:40 EST 2009

LB> "Maybe JBoss doesn't want an exclusively private list as one of the list
LB> options, but I know Sun does.  I'll leave it for other EG members to
LB> respond"

LB> Where does this leave people like me?

Do you have a gigantic revenue stream that is impacted by decisions
regarding your company's interaction with JCP?  What I'm talking about
here is stuff that lawyers tend to be interested in.

Here's the guideline we've been using with jsr-314-open since it
started.

When you sit down to write an email to the EG, write to jsr-314-open
unless any of the following are true:

1. your employer's lawyers are likely to be interested in what you say

2. you want to share only with official EG members.  This might be when
you want to share product plans that are not yet public knowledge.

If any of the above are true, write to jsr-314-eg.

We need to have this private option when writing to the list.

Ed