[jsr-314-open] jsf 2 evaluation and test

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Tue Nov 17 08:22:59 EST 2009

Nice timing Dan... I ran into the primary author (Sebastian) on the
exhibition floor at Devoxx.  We had a good discussion.  While
Sebastian's article does have its critical points and I don't
necessarily share some of the conclusions, it is clear that Sebastian
has put a lot of effort into his evaluation.  We have been encouraging
the community to provide feedback... I am looking at Sebastian's article
as some thoughtful, seriously detailed feedback.  Let's make the most of it.

Along those lines...  I asked Sebastian if he would be willing to meet
again with some of us from the EG while we are here and he was very open
to that.  We can talk over some of the concerns that Sebastian raised
and see whether we can translate these into action items for the EG.
(And if we have any concerns over the content of the article - eg. any
inaccurate statements - we can certainly raise these - Sebastian is
interested in hearing our feedback as well.)

Andy