[jsr-314-open] Components

Martin Marinschek mmarinschek at apache.org
Wed Oct 14 17:12:51 EDT 2009

Hi Jim,

after looking at another component-set, I think you left out a few - I
posted the following list as a comment.

Essential:

    * singleRowSelect (radio-button in a table, small thing, but essential)
    * subform
    * sorting on the table
    * some more layouting support (at least colspan/rowspan support )

Nice to have:

    * reorder, filter columns on a table
    * tree-table
    * layouting support: a sophisticated layout manager
    * something to remember the current focus of elements on postback,
and the scroll-state (should this be handled in a component?)
    * multi component validator (component?)
    * range-field (from/to)
    * progress bar
    * wait page (component?)

regards,