[jsr-314-open] localePrefix

Kito Mann kito.mann at virtua.com
Fri Oct 23 19:56:23 EDT 2009

So far it's clear that the current way locales are handled in JSF 2 is not
intuitive and requires unnecessary overhead. Since we know this now, how
about defining a solution ASAP that can be handled a the implementation
level until 2.1 standardizes it at the spec level? This way we can save some
unnecessary pain for our developers, and avoid criticism of JSF 2 going
forward. Since everybody expects it to work like the current Java platform
prefixes, I don't think a new solution would require a lot of debate.

Thoughts?

---
Kito D. Mann | twitter: kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info | twitter:
jsfcentral
+1 203-404-4848 x3