[jsr-314-open] <h:dataTable> binding vs. ui:repeat

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 3 12:02:57 EDT 2009

LB> I already got mail by Kin-Man - he said this won't be included, we
LB> are too late.

DA> I don't get it. Why are JSR-299 and JSR-330 allowed to change so
DA> drastically before Java EE 6, yet we need one small change in EL and
DA> it can't happen.  This is crap. If we all agree this change would be
DA> valuable, I want to see it included. Whose arm do we have to twist?

Think of it this way.  There is a finite amount of change that Sun, as
platform spec lead for Java EE 6 is willing to accept.  JSR-299 and
JSR-330 have consumed all of that finite amount!  Perhaps if things
were more stable on the 299 and 330 fronts we'd have room for these
little changes.  For now, we have no plans to produce another revision
of JSF 2.0 before Java EE 6 goes final.

Also, one must bear in mind the external economic and regulatory
considerations that come into play when allocating resources in any
corporate entity.

Ed