[jsr-314-open] <h:dataTable> binding vs. ui:repeat

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Fri Sep 4 15:23:28 EDT 2009

Hi Ken -

Ken Paulsen wrote:

> This comment may be way too late... but I would rather have seen (and
> thought I did see) us go in the direction:
>
>     <f:event type="valueChange" action="#{...}" />

I do remember some discussion of providing component system events for
events that are currently handled via FacesEvents (valueChange, action),
but I guess we never reached a resolution on this.  If we were to add
such system events, are you thinking that these should replace the
existing FacesEvents (ValueChangeEvent, ActionEvent)?  Or would the new
system events simply complement the corresponding FacesEvents?

Andy