[jsr-314-open] <h:dataTable> binding vs. ui:repeat

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Fri Sep 4 15:37:20 EDT 2009

Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
> FYI -- a sneak peek. This is working -- with seam el in this example,
> of course.
>
> Comment now "or forever hold your peace unless it needs to be
> changed"   ;)

Hehe.

> <a:editText value="#{viewProjectBean.project.vision}"
> rendered="#{authorizationBean.isOwner}" >
>
>     *<f:valueChangeListener for="value"
> action="#{viewProjectBean.test('foo')}" />*

We ended up going with "listener" as the attribute name for <f:event>,
though IIRC, both Dan and Pete preferred "action".  While I don't know
that "listener" is the most brilliant name, personally I have always
thought of "action" having a special connotation - ie. actions are
triggered by command components and return outcomes that impact
navigation.  Seeing an "action" attribute on a f:valueChangeListener
seems a bit awkward to me.

In terms of spec details, I think we need to clarify what the behavior
is when both "action" (or whatever we call it) and "type" are specified.

Andy