[jsr-314-open] DRY and form with JSF 2

Damien Gouyette damien.gouyette at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 09:24:33 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a lot of forms to do and i don't understand a point

<h:outputLabel value="client's birthdate" for="birthDateField"/>

<h:inputText id="birthDateField" label="client's birthdate"/>

<h:message for="birthDateField"/>

if i don't set label on inputText, i have an error message like :

formNew:birthDate: 'a' could not be understood as a date. Example:
12/09/2009 instead of

client's birthdate : 'a' could not be understood as a date. Example:
12/09/2009

Can you reuse outputLabel value if exists ?

Just for information, this message is the french error message when i
set a dateConverter on my inputText. (little bug)

Damien GOUYETTE