[jsr-314-open] Spec clarification: features not available in JSP

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 24 17:45:35 EDT 2009

On 9/24/09 8:25 AM, Andy Schwartz wrote:
> 2. Let's update the Facelets PDL docs to identify tags that are not
> present in JSP.
>
> For example, the PDL doc for f:ajax should state that it is not
> available in JSP.
>
> Do these sound like reasonable changes?

There's already two different directories for PDL docs: one for JSP, and
one for facelets.  The facelets PDL contains the f:ajax tag, the JSP one
doesn't.  Same with f:event, h:head, and so on.

I think that that's probably clear enough, once pointed out, but perhaps
you disagree.

I'd prefer not to clutter faclet PDL docs with JSP references.  That
will just make things harder for folks who don't care about JSP - and
our docs are wordy enough already.

It does seem that it needs to be pointed out, however.  Besides the
MyFaces guys, and you, other folks seem to have become similarly confused.

The "big chart with a list of new 2.0 features unsupported in JSP"
approach is one that I would support - but what happens when we do 2.1?
3.0?  Do we continue to update the chart?  Worth asking, I think.

Jim