[jsr-314-open] Evaluating EL in resource files

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 25 15:15:21 EDT 2009

On 9/25/09 10:35 AM, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
>  ( it is important not to use URL
> parameters for that purpose, because some caching proxies, like Squid,
> recognize '?' character in url and process these requests as non-caching
> even thought cache-control headers mark response as cacheable. It also
> seems what some browsers do the same. ).

OK, that's alarming.

I don't much care if caching proxies ignore perfectly good Expires:
headers, so long as they pass them on.  But if a browser does, that's a
strong argument against that approach.  It's also surprising, since the
whole idea of using parameters on JavaScript was taken from other,
popular JavaScript libraries in common use - scriptaculous, to name just
one.

Do you know which, if any, browser which does this?  I'd like to test
that assertion, and see if there's any way around it.

Jim