[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] question regarding ajax update cycle

Ganesh ganesh at j4fry.org
Wed Apr 7 06:28:19 EDT 2010

Hi,

I agree with Alexander. The component you posted is not well designed. As Alexander pointed out: What would getClientId() return for this component? I also agree with Alexanders solution: enclose the components reposne with a div that carries a proper clientId.

It's an obvious characteristic of JSF AJAX to require having one HMTL element corresponding with one JSF component to be able to replace it via AJAX. Trying to craft a sophisticated solution for the cornercase of a badly designed component leads to a highly complicated specification enhancement that only makes sense to very few experts.

Best regards,
Ganesh

--
"There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people and those who don't."
— Robert Benchley