[jsr-314-open] is <f:view contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> a valid notation?

Leonardo Uribe lu4242 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 12:30:27 EST 2010

Hi

Doing some tests I notice this param is in fact ignored. If the page does
not have the following at the begginig:

The document output encoding is set as UTF-8 by default. This is true for
both myfaces and mojarra. It is easy to check, just render a page with
firefox and use firebug to check how the Content-type header looks like.

In my personal opinion, the encoding of the document takes precedence over
"contentType" or "encoding" param from f:view, but if no xml declaration is
used (like in mojarra examples), the value from contentType must be used as
the response encoding (right now "encoding" or charset param set in
"contentType" is just ignored). The original facelets code sets encoding
always UTF-8.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe