[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] PROJECT_STAGE system property configuration

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 6 12:48:01 EST 2010

CH> Still, this points to the fact that the default for the project stage is
CH> probably wrong.

Let's take a step back and look at my motivation for wanting to have the
default be "Development".  One of the biggest classes of gripes about
JSF is the "JSF's error messages suck, if you get them at all" kind of
gripe.  We need to make the out of the box experience address those
kinds of gripes directly.

I continue to feel the same way, so I do not support changing the
default value.

Also, yes, I'm fine with a system property to set the ProjectStage, but
am against making it runtime mutable.

Ed