[jsr-314-open] [Behavior] Why is HtmlOutputText not a ClientBehaviorHolder ?

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Mon Jan 11 14:24:26 EST 2010

Hey Matthias -

> Why is HtmlOutputText not a ClientBehaviorHolder ?

I believe that the answer is that we only exposed ClientBehavior
events/attach points for cases where components already exposed DOM
event handlers.  Since h:outputText does not expose any DOM event
handlers (eg. no "onMouseover" attribute), we didn't surface any
ClientBehavior attach points either.  So, a related question is whether
h:outputText should expose attributes for all of the relevant DOM event
handlers.  Personally I don't see much value in this - would prefer to
keep h:outputText small/simple - but I am open to discussion on this point.

Andy