[jsr-314-open] [Fwd: CDI and JSF Phase Listeners]

Alexander Smirnov asmirnov at exadel.com
Mon Jan 11 14:49:08 EST 2010

On 01/10/2010 06:39 AM, Pete Muir wrote:

> On 8 Jan 2010, at 17:38, Dan Allen wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Roger Kitain <Roger.Kitain at sun.com> wrote:
>> It would be a nice feature to be able to have CDI injection in Phase
>> Listeners also, as any Servlet/JSF/CDI integration is always welcome
>> where applicable
>>

>> This is actually a more general requirement (which we may have discussing in passing). Any user-defined class instance that JSF creates should be classified as a components in Java EE. But, to accommodate that without tying JSF directly to the platform (a separation we have always maintained), there should be a pluggable class instance resolver which could be satisfied with a CDI implementation, a Spring bean implementation, etc.
>
> I had initially thought we should just specify that JSF is required to support this injection, but I can see that specifying an SPI to support instantiation/lifecycle management of these objects would fit well with the pluggability goal that JSF has.
>
> Is this too big for a mainatainance release?
Nice Idea. Implementation would delegate all requests for class
instances to single object that really already Util class that loads
classes defined in the configuration. One step forward is using similar
objectto create class instances and make that object plugable. CDI can
substitute such loader to create instances of any Faces objects, even to
inject something into FacesContext.