[jsr-314-open] [Behavior] Why is HtmlOutputText not a ClientBehaviorHolder ?

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Tue Jan 12 15:07:20 EST 2010

AS> So strange.  Matthias and Lincoln's responses didn't make it to my
AS> Oracle account, but did make it to gmail.  Apparently I've got some
AS> mail delivery issues here.  Yay.

AS> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III
AS> <lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What are your performance concerns, if I have not inferred correctly?
>>

AS> My concern is that there will be increased overhead during
AS> h:outputText rendering due to an increased # of attribute lookups.  It
AS> is possible that overhead is nominal, but not sure.  The use case
AS> where this overhead would be most noticeable would be the stamping
AS> case, where we may end up stamping out h:outputText components many
AS> times (once per row/column of a data table).

I agree with Andy.  I oppose doing anything to h:outputText until we
have some concrete performance numbers on the impact of the proposed
change.  Also, I feel the benefit to the user of doing this change is
marginal at best.

Ed