[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] PROJECT_STAGE system property configuration

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Tue Jan 19 16:37:15 EST 2010

LB> However, I really think that access through a *
LB> -Djavax.faces.ProjectStage=Development* system property is simple, and
LB> understandable. It doesn't take much work to figure out how to use it, much
LB> less potentially confusing than configuring JNDI and it's mapping in
LB> web.xml.

For the record, the Servlet EG was STRONGLY against a system property
because such values are VM wide, whereas the intent of the ProjectStage
value was designed to be application wide.

Does anyone HERE, in *this* EG, agree with this particular argument from
the Servlet EG?

Ed