[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] Plugin architecture

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Fri Jul 2 12:54:42 EDT 2010

On 7/2/10 11:21 AM, Kito Mann wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> For a while now I have been wanting Grails-style plugins for JSF.
> Maybe the best option is to start an open-source project and a
> repository (based on Maven, perhaps). Any thoughts on how we can
> facilitate this? Maybe
I've actually been tinkering on something like this as part of side
project of mine.  Currently, I'm using a ClassLoader approach that, at
run time, loads JARs from $PLUGIN_DIR and stuffs them in the
ClassLoader.  It currently supports ManagedBeans, Convertors and
Validators.  I haven't added support for Components yet, nor have I
decided how best (if it all) to support mark up snippets in the plugin.
As a PoC, it seems to work pretty well so far, but, due to the demands
of GF development, my side projects have been starved of late. :|

http://github.com/jasondlee/Meetspace/tree/master/plugin-api/
http://github.com/jasondlee/Meetspace/tree/master/plugin-engine

For what it's worth. :)

--
Jason Lee
Senior Member of Technical Staff at Oracle