[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] Implement "hidden" attribute for composite tags (spec rev A)

Leonardo Uribe lu4242 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 15:05:53 EDT 2010

Hi

This is a message on behalf of Jakob Korherr:

".....Working on this issue I found out that the hidden property can not be
added for composite:actionSource, composite:editableValueHolder and
composite:valueHolder, because those tags do not create a
java.beans.FeatureDescriptor, but a javax.faces.view.AttachedObjectTarget
and this one does not include a hidden property. Thus this clearly is a spec
issue...."

On myfaces we don't see how this attribute should work. The description
says:

"....The "hidden" flag is used to identify features that are intended only
for tool use, and which should not be exposed to humans....."

It has sense on composite:attribute, composite:facet and
composite:interface, but it doesn't on composite:actionSource,
composite:editableValueHolder and composite:valueHolder.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe