[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] Use a Renderer on a composite component

Martin Marinschek mmarinschek at apache.org
Mon Mar 29 17:10:09 EDT 2010

Hi Leonardo,

> Ok, if I have a composite component the first thought is use c:if tag, but
> remember that with
> partial state saving enabled this tag is evaluated when the view is build,
> not when it is
> rendered. Other alternative is use a component that allows to render one

just to get this straight, cause I seemed to read this (IMHO, wrong
assertion) several times from you already: c:if, c:forEach and
ui:include _should_ be evaluated before rendering again. This is in
Mojarra as of 2.0.3 (Ed, Ryan, correct me if I am wrong) and it should
be in MyFaces as well, right?

Anyway I support your basic motion: it would generally be good to be
able to exchange the renderer as well.

best regards,

Martin

--