[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] Expose TemplateClient api to make gracelets work with jsf 2.0

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Wed Mar 31 12:46:15 EDT 2010

Gang -

On 3/31/10 12:34 PM, Leonardo Uribe wrote:
> However, basic concepts such as Templating (TemplateClient and
> TemplateManager) are not considered public API, which means that a
> technology such as Gracelets
> must rely on a per JSF implementation integration library which is
> volatile
> in nature.

I am in favor of re-evaluating cases where we may have been overly
aggressive in moving Facelets-related classes/interfaces out of the
public API - especially if this is preventing existing
frameworks/applications from upgrading to JSF 2.0 in a safe
(non-implementation-specific way).

Leonardo, Lewis -

I would recommend logging a spec issue to track these requirements:

https://javaserverfaces-spec-public.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

Andy