[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] javax.faces.ViewState + ppr case

Martin Marinschek mmarinschek at apache.org
Tue May 11 17:18:55 EDT 2010

On 5/6/10, Alexander Smirnov <asmirnov at exadel.com> wrote:
> Let me point out that Mojarra already takes care for state in AJAX
> requests in the server-side saving. In the case of partial request,
> ServerSideStateHelper ( see line 196 ) reuses view state and doesn't
> change content of the javax.faces.ViewState parameter, so any request
> from page should restore proper state because it has the same id as it
> was rendered in AJAX request.
> Therefore, that bug applicable for client-side state only, but updating
> state parameter for ALL forms on the page could cause problem for portal
> environment there each portlet keeps its own state that should not be
> updated by requests from others...

Interesting problem.

So we are rendering multiple forms, and in one case, the forms belong
to one application, and in another case, they are from different
applications. How can we find out which forms belong to our
application? Portal environments will namespace their content, but
there is no way for us to find out - right? Would we need to keep
track of our forms during rendering?

best regards,

Martin