[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] [2.0RevA-C071] none scoped beans and at PostConstruct

Simon Lessard Simon_Lessard at dmr.ca
Wed May 26 11:10:50 EDT 2010

Hi all,

The method should definitely be called imho. The specification should be clarified by removing the various scopes, maybe to something like the following:

"Methods on managed beans annotated with @PostConstruct, must be called by the JSF implementation after resource injection is performed (if any), but before the bean is placed in its scope, if any."

We could also change the "JSF implementation" part by "JSF compliant managed bean engine" so that the behavior is expected from any new extensions as well.

Regards,

~ Simon