[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] Email archive?

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Fri Nov 5 07:18:27 EDT 2010

On 11/4/10 11:33 PM, Cay Horstmann wrote:
> I was looking for an open archive of JSR-314-open, but all I could
> find started a few months ago:
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.jsr314.
>
> Wasn't there an earlier archive on archives.java.sun.com or jcp.org?
> (I looked but maybe not in the right place?)

The archive for jsr-314-eg is here:

http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A0=JSR-314-EG

This covers July 2007 - May 2009.

The archive for jsr-314-open is here:

http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A0=JSR-314-OPEN

This covers March 2009 - June 2009.

Both of these require login to view.

This sadly leaves a gap, starting in June 2009, that isn't covered by
any available archive.

Dan's mission, before the expert group was disbanded, was to get all of
these archives, including the threads from the missing periods:

1.  Online.  And...
2.  Accessible without login.

I still think that this is a very critical goal for JSF.

While I am grateful for the effort that JBoss has made in making the
latest archives available on lists.jboss.org - and I have been taking
full advantage of the ability to share these publicly accessible links
-  this looks like a stop-gap measure to me.  It's been over a year
since we first reported the problems with our archives to the JCP.  We
need the JCP to finally come through and provide a more formal solution.

Andy